9:50 PM

from the beginning

Apologies for the lack of updates, it's been kind of busy around here, 3-day weekend notwithstanding. But, in exchange, now you get a whole bunch all at once! (here you go, mom)
So, I was all prepared for a boring Friday night--snuggled up in my room watching dramas. Which is what I was doing, until I got an aim from Jason, at midnight: "Felicia wants to hang out, you coming?" Honestly, going out at midnight like that, it felt almost like being back at Yale again. So we met up with Felicia and went over to her room, in Toriumi Haimu, which is a building that several IUC-ers live in. Despite the fact that it's *really* close to me, it was the first time I'd been over there. And I was sufficiently jealous. Felicia's room used to be a double (her roommate moved out) and it's huge! Especially compared to my little half-a-shoebox. Of course, it was pretty cold--the Haimu has no central heating, and about as much insulation as your average Japanese building--which is to say it's barely distinguishable from the outside temperatures. Still, she has multiple rooms, including a dining table and a real kitchen, with a sink, and counter, and a real size fridge and everything! Can you tell I'm jealous?
(^_^)
We ended up staying at Felicia's until around 4am, hanging out. We caught Jeff, who lives down the hall, on his way back home, so he came over too. Lots of fun, tho the 4am part was a little rough the next day, seeing as I went to kyudo practice all afternoon, though fortunately not until noon, so it wasn't too bad. Usually I tend to skip the weekend practices--sheer laziness, I admit. But I had to go to the one on Saturday because....
Sunday I took the kyudo test! XD

And more about that in the next post!

1 people love me:

Anonymous said...

Mom says thanks for the blog postings. She likes them very much.