10:41 PM

Other stuff

Metropolis Issue 756
My first restaurant review! Cha-coo-la. Check it out.
Also the terebi blurb about the Pochitama press conference that I went to, though that's nothing really special.
Other good things:
I got another free CD at work today! First album by my new favorite band since yesterday: NICO Touches the Walls. Saw the cd when I was going through Dan's mail yesterday, decided to go home and look them up, listened to one song, decided I would become obsessed with them liked their music, downloaded all of their songs to date, and at work today asked Dan if I could possibly have their cd cause I'm a really big fan.
I tend to do this a lot.
But at any rate, I got the CD! Seriously, though, they do have this one song "The Bungy" that is one of the most fantastic things I have ever heard. I really want to put it up as video of the week, but there isn't a good-quality version of the PV up anywhere. The video quality of this one is pretty good (click "watch in high quality") but the audio is slightly out of sync. Still, WATCH IT and tell me it's not the best song ever. (and if it's not, then I'll know you, at least, have more of a life than me).
Also... here's the promised photo from the 252生存者あり press conference.
That's Hideaki Ito in the middle, with the kind of awful fake tan.

7 people love me:

Kelly McLaughlin said...

That is a nice song! Very catchy. So does this mean we both need more of a life? :)

☆sarita☆ said...

no, it means you have fantastic taste in music (really, I was only trying to be polite to those other guys...)

Kelly McLaughlin said...

Maybe this is old news for you, but how about this song?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=733993599366608884&ei=DrnTSN7mEoqYrALqueTJAg&q=under+the+influence+of+giants&vt=lf&hl=en

It reminds me of your song a bit. I really hope these guys keep it up.

☆sarita☆ said...

oh, i love that song! ^_^
hahaha, i'd never seen the video before, though.

Anonymous said...

I really liked your restaurant review!!! Really you'd go back for breakfast?????

Nico is really good, I liked Broken Youth alot. (My Sweet) Eden not so much.

I guess I am the epitome of "old school" because I like Kelly's band Mama's Room alot. They are described as Disco, but I don't see it.

Anyway. I guess you won't starve as long as there is another restaurant review and another HollyTokyo (or is it TokyoWood) movie premier?

Luv ya

Anonymous said...

I missed NICO The Bungy before. Really GREAT! Kind of JapoCountryRock.

Anonymous said...

The Hataraki Man backup dancers are more my speed.