4:35 PM

free lunch (and dinner, and another dinner...)

i really need to start doing more of the whole one quick post every night thing, or something.  cause if i don't, then it gets to like now, where I have a million things to write about, but no energy to do it.  >_<

oh well.
most important news first--I finally got my work visa!  and yes, i know you're going "but hasn't she been working for over a month already?"  to which I say: sshhhhh!

got to go to a couple more restaurant openings this past week (three, to be exact.  god i love my job).  really, there's nothing that tops a delicious free dinner.  especially when you're living on my budget.
Sunday night was dinner at Console, a restaurant/wime bar in Roppongi.  had a really good recommendation from the sommelier, a Chilean red called Montes Alpha that I liked a lot.  
Monday night I went to the opening party for a new restaurant near Yokohama station.  This one was more of a press thing, so it was crazy crowded and really hot, but the food was pretty good. 
Tuesday I got to go to a press conference for this TV Tokyo show called Pochitama, all about pets or something.  Anyway, I'm kind of a fan of one of the hosts of the show--and am currently subbing one of his dramas (hehe)--so I finagled my way into going.  I mean whatever, I turned it into a terebi blurb, so it's not like it was completely pointless.
Wednesday night was yum!  Went with the rest of the eds to the opening of a new macrobiotic restaurant in Ark Hills, called Chaya.  Apparently there's one in LA or something?  Anyway, it was incredibly good food, I was stuffed.  Plus there were several Japanese celebs that came, which was kind of cool.  None of my personal favorites, sadly, but several people I reconized, one of whom was Fujiwara Norika, a crazy famous actress/model/former Miss Japan.  I swear, I see her on at least 3 billboards/TV commercials a day.  
Thursday I got to go to a restaurant for lunch, to do a review!  ^_^  Haven't quite finished writing the review yet, but it's scheduled to go in 756, which pubs in like, 2 weeks or so.

Speaking of reviews, some of you already know this, but check out the Metropolis site cause this week I have TWO articles in--my bar review of Gala Dear, and the Star Struck piece about Jodie Foster (look under Faces & Places).

1 people love me:

Anonymous said...

Here's someone who loves you. You're going to have to be careful going from starving student to well-fed restaurant/club reviewer. Increase those walks to the train station.