9:20 PM

Design Festa

Design Festa is a big art expo event that's held a couple of times a year out at Tokyo Big Sight in Odaiba. (Like Raleigh's Artsplosure, only indoors, and bigger) I'd never been, but Andre was stopping by to talk to a friend of his who had a booth there, so I tagged along.
And it was totally awesome! Lots of clothes and jewelry and all sorts of neat stuff.
There was an outside stage, where a bunch of bands played.

This is a band called Gwarando, and they were actually kind of ridiculously awesome. Apologies for my lack of video-taking finesse (it's kind of shakey and the sound is hard to hear).
Here's a couple more closeups I took of the guys in the band, cause I mean seriously--they rock!

Here's an overview of *one* of the rooms, this was where the other, indoor stage was.

Some live painting, inside a glass box.

And I just thought these were really cool!

1 people love me:

mi-chan said...

woooow. i am impressed. although you haven't updated really recently when i'm sad i just go look at your pictures and it makes me feel better. i love you and miss you sarie! hope that things are going well at work and that you're not killing yourself.

also, mom bought Nim's Island after she read your review in Metropolis (i had it sitting around my room after i read it with the pages marked). and we saw it last night and thought of you! :) lurve!