4:27 PM

A little about my commute

So, I wanted to do a little bit about my commute to school, and the area and stuff cause it's really cool! ;-) It starts off pretty easy--I usually take the subway from Isezaki (about a block away from where I live) to Sakuragi-cho, 2 stops later. Then comes the fun part! Leading from Sakuragi-cho station, over to the school area, is a people-mover, which apart from being lots of fun, is actually the quickest way to get there. Oh look, off to the left you can see the Pacifico Yokohama building, where IUC is! You can also see the amusement park, with the really cool ferris wheel that I will definitely ride at some point! The people mover leads to Landmark Tower/Queen's Mall, a whole area of super upscale shops, offices, and restaurants. I can't usually shop/eat there, but it's really fun to walk through! Lately, for some reason, there have also been hordes of elementary schoolers (literally, in groups of hundreds) that seem to have come on some sort of field trip or something. Although, I really have no idea what in the area they could possibly be field-tripping to. I mean, it's cool and all, but not exactly in the tourist sense. Here's a view of a bit of the mall. Once you exit the mall, there's just a short pedestrian bridge leading across the street: and voila! You're at Pacifico Yokohama, which is actually a huge complex of offices, a fancy hotel, and a convention center. And, of course, IUC! Oh, and here's a night view from Sakuragi-cho, where you can see the ferris wheel and all the buildings all lit up.

2 people love me:

Kelly McLaughlin said...

Thanks, Sarah. These are the little bits of life abroad that might seem trivial but offer fun insights for those of us back home. Looking forward to more. =)

Anonymous said...

Sarah- I have a lot of reading to catch up with- your blog is fantastic. Your writing and pictures give a wonderful sense of your life in Japan. Makes me feel like I am traveling with you. And the music is a great addition- listened to the first song- will listen to the others tomorrow- Interesting to listen and wonder how the words relate to the video.
Rebecca was very pleased with your call. Thanks