12:02 AM

本日はこういう事をしてきました

about to go to sleep, but I just had to take a moment to say the following:

whee!  \(^_^)/

Today I got to my first one-on-one professional interview! Well, I did one with the indie film director a couple weeks ago, but we just met at a cafe and it was more like chatting than an interview (which actually I liked better, but)
this time was totally Notting Hill--went to a fancy Tokyo hotel, with K as cameraman (thank god for not having to take photos myself this time--much less nerve-wracking!). and had to call the PR person to have him come down to the lobby and take us up to the suite where the conferences were going on.
we were originally sposed to do the interview at 3pm, but then they called and said that things were going ahead of schedule, and could we possibly come at 2:40 instead, so we came early--and then 結局 ended up having to wait until after 3 anyway.  lol. but that's the way these things go, I guess.
anyway, who was I interviewing, you ask? no one you've ever heard of, but an actress named Mizuno Miki. Who I am actually a big fan of, cause she was in a drama I really like called Hatsu Taiken, which Molly turned me on to back at IUC cause the whole thing takes place in and around Yokohama where we all lived last year. Plus it's a really cute show.
Anyway, I was interviewing her for her new drama that's starting in april, called 空飛ぶタイヤ, about a recall coverup incident with a big auto manufacturer. based on reality, apparently.
it was lots of fun and incredibly nervewracking, cause I'm talking to someone I've actually heard of, and there's like 10 stylists and managers and people just standing there, watching me and listening to the whole thing, and in the midst of it all I'm trying to not sound too stupid with my Japanese, and think of interesting things to say.
I was combination giddy/frustrated when it was over. Kind of had an elated/pained "GAAHHHHHH!!" moment when it was over.  (>_<)

but still, go me!  Y(^.^)d

and now I go to bed.
and I am holding off changing the PV because while I have received my new twins cd, the PV has yet to be posted online anywhere, that I've found. so you're "stuck with the vampires" a little bit longer, mom.

2 people love me:

Kelly McLaughlin said...

That's really amazing, Sarah! Congrats. I know how huge moments like that are. Great job. :)

JamieDanger said...

Hi, you don't know me, but I applied to the IUC this year, and so a friend and I looked around the web for IUC-related blogs, and yours was the best!
I did have a couple of questions, though (especially related to a timeline of sorts for information of being accepted, etc.), that I really want to get answered, so if you have a little bit of time, I'd really love to hear from you.
jamie.w.cox@gmail.com is my e-mail address, so if you can, I'd really appreciate an e-mail, so I can respond with my questions!
よろしくお願いします!
Jamie